Saturday, January 22, 2011

Welcome to my humble writing abode

Alright, I think it's finally time!

It's time I start utilizing the Interwebs as an input medium instead of just passively absorbing information put out there by my friends and my favorite media/news outlets (and God only knows, I've been doing a LOT of absorption!).

The last several months brought about quite a few interesting trips, emotional goodbyes, and pondering thoughts - enough for me to start longing for a way to express my travel impressions and places-inspired musings. I gave it a try after my August/September trip to New England (a homecoming of sorts), which resulted in quite a long treatise (when in doubt, quantity is always a good substitution for quality). I didn't distribute it widely simply because it had too much personal stuff in there not suitable for general consumption.

I thought that those travel notes (aka, "the manifesto") would be a singular occurrence - after all, I'm not the one to write for pleasure or fun. But here I am, coming back from a week-long trip to France, and again, full of impressions, thoughts and emotions which, once again, I want to share with my friends. Since I don't have the time and energy to write another magnum opus (well, technically, I am writing one, but that's a whole different story), I'm thinking that a blog might just do the trick. I can write things in small installments and distribute them unobtrusively to people interested in reading it.

I am going to start by posting some of the notes from the New England trip (edited for the masses) just to put them out there in the spirit of making it a travel blog. After that is done, I'll start posting my new notes on the France trip. And hopefully I'll have enough self-discipline (or a nagging urge) to keep writing these things whenever an opportunity presents itself. We'll see. No promises, but I will give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment